Some people have been posting grand lists of their decade of accomplishments as 2019 ended. Well, this isn’t one of those lists. But it is a list – a reminder to myself of some things that I’m grateful for as 2020 begins:
- My people: two sons and two daughters – Liam & Rachel; Shannon &Peter; husband Don and sister Nance, and one fur person, Golden Retriever Charlie. They are my heart, my life, my soul. Period.
- Health, mobility and well-being.
- My writing colleagues and my true-blue friends, the ones who show up at my launches and read my books even if they’re not interested😊 Without them, I wouldn’t get to wake up each morning (well, most mornings), eager to get to whatever tasks/pleasures await me.
- My newly-discovered passion for illustrating. Who knew?
- Readers, and everyone who connects books and readers (librarians, publishers, booksellers, teachers, parents, etc.) If no one reads a book, does it really exist?
- The great outdoors. After breaking my wrist six weeks ago, I’ve missed being in the woods, on my bike, and near the water. I’m looking forward to getting back after saying goodbye to my purple cast later this week.
- Sunshine and clean air.
- Smiling people who go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful.
- Young people who are our future.
Thank you for being part of my 2019. I hope your 2020 will be a year full of possibilities, contentment, creativity, good health and magic for you and yours!
15 thoughts on “Welcome 2020!”
That’s beautifully put Jan. I hope your wrist heals well and quickly. I love your illustrations. they have so much personality. See you in the summer. Happy New Year. Jackie
Thanks, Jackie. Nice to see you on my blog:) Hope all the right words come your way in 2020!
A perfect grateful list. Your illustrations are wonderful, what an amazing talent you have. The little dog in the bottom picture looks a lot like my Dot, and she loves to dig in the sand too. All the best for 2020!
You, too, Darlene. I’m about to try selling my cards online – not sure how I’ll get the word out there, but there’s a section on my blog with about 75 of them, if you’re ever interested in taking a look. Hope 2020 will be kind to you and yours.
Gratitude is my first emotion upon waking. You have a beautiful family and a wonderful creative life. Thank YOU for sharing some of it with us. Happy New Year!
Thanks, Vijaya. Nice to have you as a “virtual” friend. May 2020 be a lovely year for you and your family.
Happy New Year, Jan! What a lovely list.
Thanks, Katie. Hope 2020 is a very good year for you and yours!
Living in gratitude is the way to do it. I must say that the canine photos (on top of the rest) made my day today, and for such I am grateful to you 🙂
My lovely Charlie girl – we just had a gorgeous, but chilly, woods walk. Looking forward to being part of your virtual life in 2020!
Taking time for gratitude is important. Even when we’re not feeling particularly grateful in the moment there are always things in our lives to feel gratitude for. Listing them out helps us to see what those things are. Happy 2020, my friend, may the coming year bring plenty of excitement and success your way!
Thanks, Laura. Hope you’re not too buried in snow out there – and, of course, Saturday’s rain will melt half of it anyway:) Let me know when you’re in town next.
What a great list, and I have to admit much better than a “what I’ve accomplished list.” Having gratitude for the life we’ve been given and the people and animals in our lives is something not to be taken for granted. Thanks for sharing. Your pup is the spitting image of our now deceased golden, Hobbes. Goldens make fantastic family dogs.
That’s a great list! I love Charlie. Have a happy, healthy, successful 2020.
Thanks for stopping by, Barb. Hope 2020 is a dreams-come-true kind of year for you, too!