Doodling the winter away …

I’ve been doodling the winter away (with water color pencils), and having so much fun! I started selling some cards at my local book shop, The Box of Delights, and amazingly, some people are actually buying them! The whole thing reminds me of the FIFTEEN years I spent making toddlers’ clothing and selling my cuddle duds at craft fairs – too many hats, bibs, jumpers and pajamas! But, hey – I got to spend a lot of quality time with my kids when it mattered most. It’s fun having a new creative outlet, trying to combine my love for picture books with words. Sorry the reproduction quality isn’t the best, but technology remains a challenge … Stay warm out there!

12 comments for “Doodling the winter away …

1. January 29, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Your “doodles” brought a smile to my face. 🙂 Glad you’re having fun with your new endeavors. So cool that others are appreciating your many talents.

Stay warm and safe tomorrow!

• February 3, 2018 at 9:59 am

I read about this woman and her ten-year-old twins who’ve started something called “The Friend Send” – they’re sending cards to kids who need a pick-me-up for one reason or the other. I sent her a few dozen cards, and they were thrilled. Bringing smiles to faces – that’s my goal:)

2. January 29, 2018 at 8:49 pm

These are adorable! Sweet pictures to match the sayings. 🙂

• February 3, 2018 at 10:00 am

Hi, Marcia – thanks for stopping by – it’s great fun matching images that pop up in my brain to words.

3. mirkabreen
    January 30, 2018 at 12:52 pm

I ***LOVE*** these illustrations, and I will not call them “doodles,” even if you do.
    Winter has its charm, ey? More like these^, please.

• February 3, 2018 at 10:01 am

Thanks, Mirka – so much fun, and a nice change for me. Another blizzardy day here in Nova Scotia – good day for doodling I think.

4. February 2, 2018 at 2:34 pm

These cards are adorable. You are so multi-talented. I can see why they are selling. A nice way to spend a cold, snowy winter.

• February 3, 2018 at 10:01 am

Hi, Darlene – so nice that you’ve left these cold snowy winters behind, although I suppose in BC you didn’t have too much snow. Enjoy the sunshine!

5. February 2, 2018 at 6:01 pm

I like the flying pig with the Winnie the Pooh quote.

• February 3, 2018 at 10:02 am

Hi, Dave – thanks for saying hi. I have a thing about pigs, it seems… And, of course, Winnie the Pooh. Really enjoyed your travel posts. Just booked two weeks in Provence for the fall – wild seat sale.

• February 6, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Just did a search on Provence…sounds fantastic. What is a wild seat sale? Glad you enjoyed my travel posts. Thanks for stopping by to read.

• February 9, 2018 at 7:28 am

I’m having fun looking for a place to stay there. And WestJet is going direct Halifax – Paris starting this summer/fall – return was less than $1000 (Cdn) for two people.